Announcement and Apology

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement and Apology

Post by Seraphina on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm sorry to have to do this but I will not be partcipating in power rangers runs for the forseeable future

This is for various reasons, one of the reasons if I'm honest is because for a very long time I have been participating in power rangers runs in order to support James and I am leaving now because even though I appear to be rather social on FFXI I have never liked feeling constrained by participating in prearranged events with a large group of people.

Another factor is that I do not wish to be participating in any such event (and at the present point in time playing final fantasy online) because quite frankly there are things especially at present that are more important such as my piano examinations and my college coursework and (sad as I am lol) trying to enjoy what I have of my life.

For the record I've found abyssea to be rather fruitless with a large amount of people as a large amount of my gain has not come from within the power ranger linkshell but fighting with as low as just 2 people ... this is a huge factor in my decision to walk my own path and leave the linkshell should I be playing Final Fantasy online after my coursework is cleared.

For the record no it's not a case of I'm forced to stop partcipating in events because james dosen't want me to, I'm perfectly free to do so but due to the reasons as stated above I do not wish to participate in events anymore

Chandy, you're one of the sweetest persons I've ever met and also the kindest person upholding a position of authority I've encountered and I'm deeply sorry to do this to you but I just honestly can't continue like this I hope that you will understand.

I wish you all the very best with your endevours

Seraphina
LS SackHolder
LS SackHolder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Announcement and Apology

Post by chandypr on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Real life is more important. I do understand. I know Abyssea can be low man. But? Thats not the point of joining an EndGame LS. Theres the friends you make and the satisfaction that there is strength in numbers Smile

We will keep a light out for you. Comeback anytime Smile
PR will miss you Sera /bow.

chandypr
LS Admin
LS Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chandypr on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:13 pm

Sera? have you seen Purloin?
chandypr
LS Admin
LS Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Well rl > ffxi anytime but seeing as your gone, Pur it seems(saying goodbye doesnt hurt), Terry and Im sure Osi is gone now that you are we are going to have to adjust things. I hate to say it but im gonna be blunt,(you know me, thats how i am)if we are to keep this ls together people need to step up their "A" game none of that lackadaisical crap and if I remain here I will be saying something to those that aren't on their "A" game, regardless of the position they hold in ls.

P.S. Pur if you read this, you could have said bye your one of the few people in game i really liked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:58 pm

I would get something to drink or turn the oven off because this is going to be long.

We all turn on the game and go through the screens but I doubt any of us pay much attention to the "friends and family" message. In some benign hope it is meant to remind us there is more to life then this game. During the break some things became very apparent to me, I will hopefully impart some perspective.

Well the game is down so what shall I do? Well did I go out more? Phone my family? Find jesus? No can't say as I did. I'm a hermit, I've bred into myself a mentality of waking up, turning on a computer, and then going to sleep. With no ffxi I just played my Wii, Metroid, Zelda, bought Dissidia, hell even played Diablo II. I actually bothered to watch sky movies. Still a hermit but a hermit with more to do. Here comes a fundimental..... get ready... It doesn't matter what you do, so long as you enjoy it!

The way the game is structured SUCKS! I cannot think of any game I own that takes so much time and effort to obtain something as ffxi. Is it really enjoyable to me to spend months of effort for what is essentially a pat on the back to myself? Take it like this, go to that playtime section and click on it... what does it say? few hundred days right.. now divide it by 3... still a lot of days huh. What could you do with those days? convert it into wages (it'll make you cry), imagine how much healthier you could be if you trained in that time. That right there is life wasting away, and it is a waste.

So the game is like this, I started a LONG time ago, I was there when the first limit breaks came in, when CoP came out, through everything up to the present. I've seen nerfs, un-nerfs, every type of RMT and hack bot going. Everything used to be fresh and fun, one of my fondest memories is finding leaping lizzy and killing it with no idea what it dropped. I sold them boots for 1 million, and I split it 100k to each of my friends and 200k for me. Myself and Stone running from sandy to bastok as level 18s joking about how a galka could possibly carry 2 beds and keep up.

I was happy then and I really cannot say I have been happy for a long while. I have to balance this, it is no one singular thing, my game and real life both contribute. There is however a difference in that I am able to control what happens in real life. The economic situation in my country is bad, jobs are dissapearing fast and I really want a stable job. I'm never going to get that without full concentration, Though she would not ask it, I want to be able to support Victoria, and anyone else that needs it. The game can fit around my life but because I have no work it mearly becomes my life.

A big issue is I simply do not like or agree with the way the game is anymore. I'm a proud man, perhaps too proud, I put effort into everything I do. The game is lacking any form of difficulty, big hard mob what you going to do... say it with me ..... BREW IT! Yeah because that isn't basically cheating. Abyssea burning jobs... cheating also and something I have been guilty of by admission. Ever since they removed the CoP level cap the game has gone downhill and fast. Having played for so long I cannot remember a more damaging time for the game.

CoP is now soloable, Salvage useless, Sky obsolete, Campaign forgotten, Aht Urgan could be removed tomorrow and who would mind? The point is SE do not care about your enjoyment, the experience or the quality of product. How many of you paid for MKE etc. expansions? Well that was £30 down the drain for gear that is useless now, but we paid it. SE are the masters of the recycle, not since Aht Urgan have they released a new area, well I lie Grauberg but it's all just a rehash. PS2 limitations blah blah but hey enjoy what you have for areas because you're stuck with it. For that reason all SE do is tinker and ruin existing things.

When I felt like quitting on my last character a good friend told me to just quit doing everything and only do what I enjoyed. I took her advice and it worked, sadly it will not work anymore because SE have destroyed the things I enjoy. Crafting, I love crafting but it's USELESS now, it's all synergy this and that. There hasn't been a new leather recipe since grips came out... not a one It's a massive slap in the face to basically say you spent time on that but there was no point, oh yes never level a craft beyond 88. Synergy only counts rank and you get top rank at 88 so yeah there's a free tip. Beastmaster, I used to love playing Bst, now its played by full perle, no effort, couldnt charm a mob if their life depended on it (which it won't because they just use a sheep 24/7), everyone and their uncle wannabes. I dispise what Bst has become and for that matter what a lot of the game has become.

I feel like a man driving a car whilst everyone zooms by on hoverboards, it's just not the place I grew up in anymore. My main motivating force in the game is frustration, hoping people will suddenly change and start putting in the effort. Hoping SE will man up and remove what isn't needed instead of offering trinkets to get us back into it. Before the break it was the announcement about changes to Dynamis and here is another fundemental... If I don't like something I can accept it or not. I do not like a lot of changes to the game, or attitudes and frankly laziness/overdependance of some people. So then why should I stay? I've walked out on a well paid job for less stress then the game has caused me.

The game is being designed to be played lowman and to push everyone to the meat of the game, aka. endgame, faster. So here is the thinking, if I just stop playing for a year, I'll be able to catch up a years worth of game in a month. Level from 1-90/99 in a week easily, you can duo or trio most every single mob in abyssea.. no really you can. I wouldn't mind if there were lots of things to do but the game is pretty much, log on, stand in port jueno listening to shouts/*beep*, go solo seal NMs, log off. That is my ffxi experience, frankly I have more fun playing Zelda and I've already bought it, I don't have to keep paying.

I've always tried to be thoughtful and helpful through my whole life, but as things stand at the moment I'm forgetting someone, myself. For my health, wealth and quality of life I have to put the breaks on and say I'm getting off this ride.

I've obtained everything I wanted, sitting and thinking well I want an empyrean dagger and it'll take 3 months, really made me think wtf am I doing spending 3 months doing anything for. The whole game is now carrot and stick, you work towards getting something then they just give you a bigger carrot to follow. If I could find things that were fun it'd be different but it has become work, which equals stress, which equals frustration. Nothing in the game is worth making myself angry, it's just a game after all.

I truely do not know if I will ever return, I have goals I want to achieve first and we should ALL invest the same effort into making ourselves happy in real life, as we attribute to getting an AF3+2 piece. I fear too many of us have become institutionalised to leave but hey there is always the one who gets away, and for the now that will be me.

If anyone ever needs any help, advice, or just wants a good old ffxi *beep* then drop me a message. I may not be around but I care because I care, not because a game makes me. For now I shall bid you all adue, hope that you are all healthy, and that you find things in life that you enjoy and that they stay with you. Take care of yourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 am

Well worded Pur, and now that you have explained how you feel, all is well. Good luck in your endeavors and take care of Victoria. I hope your job search goes well, it's rough out here in the States as well, it's the whole reason i stick with my job lol..

Back to top Go down

Post by chandypr on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:59 am

Take care Purloin and Seraphina Smile
I was going to explode and get angry... But, thats not me. So I wish Seraphina and you best wishes and God speed. Thank you for all your hard work guys. The LS is very grateful. Come back anytime Smile

Once a Power Ranger (always a Power Ranger.)
chandypr
LS Admin
LS Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top